Simple applet makes plasma take 100% CPU

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at gmail.com
Mon May 26 13:35:30 CEST 2008

On Saturday 24 May 2008 22:23:10 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> > I have a problem with minimize-all and paste applets. If they are added
> > to panel, plasma takes lots of CPU time (70%-100%). I attached minimal
> > test applet that does the same. Any ideas what might be wrong?
> >
> > Petri
>
> This test does not reproduce it for me :(

Well here goes the second try. ShowDesktop and Paste applets do not take lots
of cpu anymore (at least in my computer) thinks changed:
- removed contentSizeHint(), it's not needed anyway.
- disabled setAspectRatioMode(Plasma::Square); since it seems trigger the CPU
bug.

Attached new test app that has setAspectRatioMode(Plasma::Square); added and
it seems to take lots of cpu.

Petri