Simple applet makes plasma take 100% CPU

Loïc Marteau loic.marteau at gmail.com
Sat May 24 21:33:32 CEST 2008

Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> On Friday 23 May 2008 07:14:05 pm Petri Damstén wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem with minimize-all and paste applets. If they are added to
>> panel, plasma takes lots of CPU time (70%-100%). I attached minimal test
>> applet that does the same. Any ideas what might be wrong?
>>
>> Petri
>>

> This test does not reproduce it for me :(
>
> Anne-Marie

Hi,

Me too, i can't reproduce the 100% cpu with the test  you give.

However i have rewrite showdesktop (for personal test) by using the same
plasmoid stuff's code than showdashboard and the 100 % CPU does not
appear anymore.
So perhaps you can rewrite a test case by using the same base code of
the actual version of showdesktop ?!

I join to you the code i have copy/paste from showdashboard to my
version of showdesktop so you can compare it.

Cheers