Notification applet needs and questions

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Fri May 23 17:56:45 CEST 2008

On Friday 23 May 2008 19:44:31 aseigo at bddf.ca wrote:
> shouldn't be a problem; to behave nicely, however, the applet should at
> least try and respect the user's wishes as well as give them clues.
>
> setting the minimum size of the applet will prevent users from being able
> to shrink it too small with the applet handle resize tool, for instance.
>
> also, if the user expands the widget to be bigger than is needed, the
> notify applet should respect that and not make it smaller again.
> a Containment that can be showed in a toplevel View.
Yeah. it already works as you described - has minimum size set and respects user
resizes.

> actually, resize calls setGeometry internally. =)
Hmm. Then maybe it is geometry tracking in View which is broken.

>     /**
>      * Set whether or not the view should adjust its size when the
> associated * containment does.
>      * @arg trackChanges true to syncronize the view's size with the
> containment's
>      * (this is the default behaviour), false to ignore containment size
> changes
>      */
>     void setTrackContainmentChanges(bool trackChanges);
Then it's broken :)

1. I don't see any effect in my View - it stays the same size
2. view.cpp contains only callse to setSceneRect, not QGraphicsView::resize(), so it
just won't resize - this explains 1. :)

Cheers,
Dmitry.