Move extragear/plasma to a new main module.

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Tue May 20 12:07:12 CEST 2008

On Sunday 18 May 2008, Tom Albers wrote:

> We discussed this earlier. Can we move extragear/plasma to a new kde main
> module kdeplasmoids (or some other name) ?

isn't there at least one plasmoid in there that is supposed to work? nobody
says that we have to include all of extragear-plasma :)

I still think its a good idea to have a kdeplasmoids module that is released
together with KDE, as it avoids the constant api breakages we had with
extragear-plasma being in sync with /trunk and not compiling with any branch.

I was contacted lately on how to do extragear-plasma releases together with
KDE, I think this is the way to go.

> Does anyone actually object? Shall we pick a date to do the move?

Identify which plasmoids we can pick up and do it (IMHO).

Greetings,
Dirk