Move extragear/plasma to a new main module.

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Sun May 18 15:52:54 CEST 2008

On Sunday 18 May 2008 11:24:43 am Tom Albers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We discussed this earlier. Can we move extragear/plasma to a new kde main
> module kdeplasmoids (or some other name) ?
>
> I think it is best to do it before the tagging of beta 1.
>
> Does anyone actually object? Shall we pick a date to do the move?
>
> Toma
Beta 1 tagging is 21th, in 3 days.

In extragear/plasma, some applets are not working right now and 2 are disabled
from build.
Applets that need a bit of work right now: binary clock and frame have problem
with applet size and handle size, fuzzy clock and filewatcher have size
problems, twitter is disabled, ebn shows nothing, lancelot crashes.
luna, comic and bluemarble are the only ones working OK.
Several have config problems.

I did some porting here and there but I am totally lost for the sizing
problems and I cannot fix them. They need to be adressed please. Several
people had a go at the Frame handle which is not OK when
verticalSize>horizontalSize but to no avail. So basically someone with size
knowledge needs to install the extragear applets and fix their size.

I would find it bad to ship those applets in that state for beta1...

Anne-Marie