KRunner config dialog

Ryan P. Bitanga ryan.bitanga at gmail.com
Wed May 7 11:52:41 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 5:48 PM, Ryan P. Bitanga <ryan.bitanga at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/5/7 Jordi Polo <mumismo at gmail.com>:
>

>  > ?
>  > Where? AbstractRunner already has the name() method and if you added the
>  > reparseConfiguration method I don't know why you need that outside
>  > AbstractRunner.
>
>  I added my own id() method :) You need it outside AbstractRunner bec
>  the config dialog is a KCModule. You can't access the runner itself.

Let me correct myself. The config widgets for runners are KCModules so
we can use KPluginSelector. KPluginSelector emits the name from
X-KDE-PluginName when a config dialog for a runner is closed. This
matches what is returned by id() and is used for getting the runner
from the RunnerManager. Then I call reparseConfiguration from there.
:)

Cheers,
Ryan