Kickoff patch review

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Mon Mar 31 23:15:09 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I know kickoff is generating some noise here. I have written a patch that I
thinks gives better behavior, as well as better look in terms of consistency
to the system. Probably about beauty too.

- Strict hover mouse:
	No item is hovered if the mouse is not over any item.

- Better keyboard navigation:
	If no selection made and you click Up or Down, you go to the first element or
last element of the current view.

- Strict leave widget:
	If you are hovering an item almost on the border of the view and leave the
view, that item is unhovered.

- Usage of primitive PE_PanelViewItem for drawing background:
	Makes the feeling of the item be consistent, and themable with the current
system style.

You can find the patch at:
http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/03/kickoff/kdebase-workspace.diff

Some random screenshots:
http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/03/kickoff/kickoff1.png
and
http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/03/kickoff/kickoff2.png

Waiting for your comments. Hope you like it.

Bye and thanks,
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070