How to check if tooltip is visible (digital clock)?

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 23:29:25 CEST 2008

2008/3/30, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Sunday 30 March 2008, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
>
> > I'm surely not experienced enoght to decide which solution is better
>  > (new method, or boolean argument to already existing updateToolTip) so
>

> would you like to try doing up a patch with updateToolTip(bool)? no one else
>  is using updateToolTip yet, so it shouldn't be any harm.

Sure, I'll try to figure out how tooptips work and how to add this.

2008/3/31, Dmitry Suzdalev <dimsuzkde at gmail.com>:

> On Sunday 30 March 2008 21:57:08 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > would you like to try doing up a patch with updateToolTip(bool)? no one
>
> > else is using updateToolTip yet, so it shouldn't be any harm.
>
> /me has "no booleans in public api" bell ringing :)
>
> Shouldn't that be some kind of enum instead of bool?

Again, I'm not KDE guru but after checking for example Plasma::Applet
I can see about 6 bool arguments in public functions:
http://api.kde.org/4.0-api/kdebase-workspace-apidocs/libs/plasma/html/classPlasma_1_1Applet.html
Of course it can also mean that Plasma::Applet should be fixed to use
enum ;) Just wanted to say what I noticed. If someone asked me about
this enum<->bool I'd say it sounds weird to use enum for simple
true/false.

--
Rafał Miłecki