How to check if tooltip is visible (digital clock)?

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 22:34:10 CEST 2008

2008/3/30, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Sunday 30 March 2008, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
>  > 1) I can intercept event(..) and detect QEvent::ToolTip
>  > (isToolTipDisplayed=true) and QEvent::HoverLeave
>  > (isToolTipDisplayed=false).
>

> this is likely to break. e.g. we hide the tooltip on mouse click as well.

Ah, didn't think about. Indeed it's bad idea then.

>  > 2) I can use already prepared updateToolTip()
>  > (isToolTipDisplayed=true) which allows me not filtering events in
>  > event(). But I can't get know that tooltip disappeared so I don't know
>  > when to change isToolTipDisplayed to false.
>  >
>  > Is the first solution good enought to use for such a important part of
>  > KDE as digital clock (nearly everyone use it!)? Should we implement
>  > sth similar to updateToolTip(), let's say: toolTipRemoved()? Or maybe
>  > someone has better idea?
>

> how about change updateToolTip() to upateToolTip(bool update). yes, it's a
>  bit "ugly" but prevent bloating the applet API even further. it would be
>  called with updateToolTip(true) when it's shown, etc and updateToolTip(false)
>  when it is hidden.

I'm surely not experienced enoght to decide which solution is better
(new method, or boolean argument to already existing updateToolTip) so
it's up to you and more experienced (than me) guys :) Of course both
solutions let me solve my problem so any of theses would be welcome.

--
Rafał Miłecki