feature plan and changelog

Sebastian Kuegler sebas at kde.org
Sun Mar 30 18:58:11 CEST 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008 15:36:25 Sebastian Kuegler wrote:
> - Feature plan [1]
> There are quite some things missing in the feature plan. Basically only
> Will has put in his work, and there's Riccardo's krunner ui revamp. I
> suppose (read: am sure) we have more stuff in the pipeline, and we'll not
> be allowed to work on things that are not in the Feature plan after the
> soft freeze. That'd make for a boring sprint.
>
> [0] http://www.kde.org/announcements/changelogs/changelog4_0_2to4_0_3.php
> [1]
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Feature_Plan#kdebase-workspace

Based on the feedback I've got and top of my head, mailinglist history, I've
compiled this list:

Plasma Feature Plan for 4.1
-----------------------------

DONE:
  - polish kickoff (wstephenson, binner, ...)
  - toolbox improvements (aseigo)
  - GHNS2 plasma themes (jpwhiting)
  - Resizable, relocatable panel (binner)

IN PROGRESS:
  - webkit widget (also mostly done) (aseigo)
  - shared timer in engines  (aseigo)
  - welcome plasmoid (aseigo)
  - dashboard widget support (aseigo / zrusin)
  - Plasmagik packaging (aseigo)
  - Scriptengines (sebsauer?)
  - Filebrowser Plasmoid (fredrikh)
  - non-linear animations also for KWin
  - Improve QtScript support (richmoore)
  - Zooming User Interface (chani)
  - Multiple Desktop Containments (chani)
  - Networkmanager Plasmoid and DataEngine (cblauvelt)

TODO:
  - New plasma theme (pinheiro)
  - KRunner UI revamp (ruphy)
  - physics-based animator (ruphy?)
  - change showConfigurationInterfaction to createConfigurationInterface
    (aseigo)
  - Plasma::Service (aseigo)
  - Keyboard shortcuts (aseigo)
  - panel hiding (aseigo)
  - panel toolbox (aseigo)
  - improve fail to launch and needs config (aseigo)

As you see, I've put in some more items that I know of. If you see something
incorrect or missing, please let me know. I'd like to add this list to the
Feature Plan shortly, and add some of the higher level stuff to the 4.1 goals
page.
--
sebas