kickoff

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 05:51:37 CET 2008

Hi Daniel,

I have not worked on Kickoff for some time now.  The best place to ask
is the panel-devel at kde.org mailing list.

As far as I know the list of options in Kickoff is hard coded and there
is no way to change them.

You did not mention what kind of item in Kickoff you wanted to add an
extra option to.  If you wanted an option to be shown when
right-clicking on certain types of files for example, then KDE does have
facilities to define actions associated with various mime types.  This
is used to show file-type specific options in Konqueror and Dolphin when
right-clicking on file icons.  See the KonqMenuActions class (in
kdebase/apps/lib/konq/konq_menuactions.h)

I believe in SuSE's original Kickoff there was an "Advanced" menu which
showed these options.  Kickoff in KDE 4 doesn't have this yet.  I don't
think it would be too much work to add if you're feeling enthusiastic.

Regards,
Robert.