[patch] Bug 158071: suggestion: deleting Desktop files when closing their plasmoids

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Mar 27 19:18:59 CET 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008, Beaudoin Gael wrote:
> Well, another simple one I guess.
>
> Do I handle this the kde way ? I'm not sure. (they're plenty of message box
> type .. I hope warningYesNo is correct here).

the applet representation of an icon is not the file itself. it is a link to
it. i'm really hesitant to increase the bond between them.

the request to have desktop icons delete the files they represent is mostly a
problem with desktop icons as a concept in general. frederikh's work on a
proper file lister plasmoid is really the answer here, not creating specially
behaving plasmoids that map to files on disk some of the time. (remember that
other Icon instances map to entries in the sycoca for launching apps, among
others.)

> I'd like to work on #155057 too. Can someone point me to the way to add
> context menu entries to applets ?

implement QList<QAction*> contextActions()