[patch] Bug 157226: "Plain Clock Font" only changes the time

Beaudoin Gael gaboo at gaboo.org
Thu Mar 27 17:07:15 CET 2008

Le Thursday 27 March 2008 16:45:54 Sebastian Kügler, vous avez écrit :
> On Thursday 27 March 2008 15:55:51 Beaudoin Gael wrote:
> > This patch fixes bug #157226 : "Plain Clock Font" only changes the time.
> >
> > Now It changes the date too.
> > Seams trivial but who knows ...
>
> I had thought about that, too. The reason why I (intentionally) left it at
> smallestReadableFont is because the pointSize() is only valid for this
> particular font (you set it in system settings). Other fonts might not be
> readable with this pointSize(). Also, for the digits one might want to use
> a different, maybe more fancy font. That font might not look so well with
> text. To change the font of the date, one could:

Ah. Indeed it's not optimal.

> - Make it configurable in the config dialogue (overkill?)

Sounds really overkill. I like configurability but well ...

> - Have it configurable in system settings (currently) (discoverability?)

You mean that we can change general way dates are displayed, including font ?

> - Make it the same font as the clock face (your patch) (readability?)

I think it make sense. What I would add to my patch is find the
smallestReadableFont for the chosen font. How do I do that ?

> > ... ok to commit ?
>
> I'd rather first have comment from others.

Yes, and thanks for the feedback.

Gaël