feature plan and changelog

Sebastian Kuegler sebas at kde.org
Thu Mar 27 15:36:25 CET 2008

We're doing terrible at telling what we're working on. It boils down to two
cases currently:

- Changelog [0]
I'll write the announcement for KDE 4.0.3 tomorrow, but I don't think that the
backported things have found their way into the changelog yet. It'd be really
nice to have it in there. And it makes my life a lot easier. Please read
Albert's recent email on kde-(core-)devel from last Sunday,
subjected "[REMINDER] Fill the 4.0.3 Changelog" how to add things. It's
trivial, but needs to happen nevertheless.

- Feature plan [1]
There are quite some things missing in the feature plan. Basically only Will
has put in his work, and there's Riccardo's krunner ui revamp. I suppose
(read: am sure) we have more stuff in the pipeline, and we'll not be allowed
to work on things that are not in the Feature plan after the soft freeze.
That'd make for a boring sprint.

[0] http://www.kde.org/announcements/changelogs/changelog4_0_2to4_0_3.php
[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Feature_Plan#kdebase-workspace

I can help a bit with filling in those things, but it'd be really nice to have
people actually *care* about this kind of basic project management. Let's use
this thread to enumerate goals for 4.1 that can be put into the feature plan.
Finished ones, as well as TODO and WIP items.
--
Your bad conscience