SoC proposal: KDE/Plasma for small form-factor devices

Marijn Kruisselbrink m.kruisselbrink at student.tue.nl
Tue Mar 25 02:50:57 CET 2008

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday 23 March 2008, Bernhard wrote:
>
>> hm... I've wondered about one of your links... the plasma on MacOS X
>> screenshot... have you told anybody you've got it running? haven't heard
>>

> i'm really hoping to move the whole plasma-as-shell-on-non-Linux-platforms to
> 4.2. there are a number of considerations to be had here, and i don't have
> time for them until after 4.1. it will make for good discussion along
> with "moving libplasma to kdelibs" for the obvious portability reasons.

I have committed some small stuff related to this already (mainly
missing OSX implementations for some functions in kdelibs, and some
innocent make-it-compile stuff), but I wasn't sure yet what to do with
the other changes I've made, as having like 50 #ifdef Q_WS_X11's
sprinkled all through kdebase/workspace isn't really a nice solution I
think... (for the curious, my current diff of kdebase/workspace is at
http://eljakim.nl/~mkruisselbrink/kdebase_plasma_osx.diff)