Question about way of adding timezones support to clock

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 09:49:25 CET 2008

2008/3/18, Chani <chanika at gmail.com>:

>  > connect to just the source needed for the clock itself.
>  > inside Clock::updateToolTip() use DataEngine::query(const QString& source)
>  > to get the time for other timezones you want.
>  > the query function gets the data immediately, once, without connecting.
>

> of course this means the tooltip won't get live updates, but it's better than
>  nothing. :)

I can not imagine amount of bug reports we will receive making it this
way ;) I belive you have forgotten about ppl using "Show seconds"
option. It would look.... weird, seeing seconds stopped :) Probably
noone watch tooltip for more that a minute, but we can't say that
about seconds.

--
Rafał Miłecki