Applet positions

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 12:18:19 CET 2008

> this makes lots of sense and should be added to FreeLayout. do you wish to
> do the patch? (basic traffic control / coordination question there =)

I have a problem with the freelayout code - or to be more precise, with the
behaviour of applets on the desktop.

FreeLayout::relayout() does not get invoked when something resizes itself. For
example, when an icon is added to tray, or when an item is added/removed from
the disk space applet, relayout is not entered (I have placed a kDebug line
at the beginning).

On the other hand, when adding a tray applet it is invoked. Can somebody check
this strange behaviour? (Strange because as far as I see from the code, it
should be invoked in both cases)

Cheers all!

--
The bleeding hearts and artists,