playground/base/plasma

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 09:29:16 CET 2008

On March 13, 2008 19:59:27 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 13 March 2008, Chani wrote:
> > slightly OT, the toolbox also needs to go away when it's empty.
>
> not hard. do a check for children.isEmpty() and hide on that; show when a
> tool is added.

[I seem to be talking to myself more than anythhing now. wheee]

useful... well, "empty" also means "any existing children are hidden", because
after the dashboard has been called up once there'll be a 'hide dashboard'
tool hanging around forever, I think.
I don't really understand that bit of the code yet, and it's not a high
priority for me.

so, I have to do hte right checks for showing or hiding it whenever
something's shown/hidden or added (there doesn't seem to *be* a removal
function) and then make it vanish if needed...

kinda interesting that any containment associated with a view will get a 'hide
dashboard' tool regardless of whether it's a desktopcontainment. I can't
decide whether I think that's a good or bad thing. dashboard confuses me a
little.

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com