Applet positions

Ismael Asensio caciquecola500 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 19:00:35 CET 2008

when looking at a UI departure, it's good to challenge one's self to
enumerate

> possible downsides, even if you don't think there are any compelling ones
> (you may be surprised with what you come up with, or you may simply
> reinforce
> your position quite nicely).

Yeap, I know there are many issues to take into account. In fact, I don't
really think that edges with full resize capability will be the solution for
the reasons you told before. Mainly it would bloat handles and the put the
applets into some problems (they are not windows, right) and it would also
break the "fixed ratio" concept.

being your own devil's advocate prevents me from having to constantly play
> that role :) and it also may end up with better ideas being proposed the
> earlier in the process.

You're right with that. But I feel the current way so unnatural that I
wanted to find a better possibility.  I just wanted to suggest an starting
point (draggable edges) for a possible discussion, as opposite to the
current state.

Of course, this solely idea is far from mature. I posted my thoughts after
reading. I'll see if I can work a bit more on the idea and purpose a more
polished solution.