"(no debugging symbols found)" reports

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Mar 12 10:59:39 CET 2008

On Tuesday 11 of March 2008, Hans Chen wrote:
> >  So DrKonqi is now part of Plasma too? The right list for this is
> > kde-core-devel.
>
> No, As I said, I thought this affected Plasma because the most crash
> reports for Plasma (I've seen) don't have the debug symbols. Therefore I
> think the developers should step up and do something about it - write in
> their blogs, add to the Digest etc.

 That's not going to solve anything. There will be still 99% users who won't
read that. If DrKonqi is fixed to detect such useless backtraces, they won't
need to read blogs or anything to know, except for the actual message
accompanying the backtrace.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz