fome (failed) experiments with the devicenotifier applet

Christopher Blauvelt cblauvelt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 03:53:48 CET 2008

> m_solidDeviceEngine->connectSource(name, this);
> (where name is an udi of a device) doesn't seem to work
> so dataUpdated seems to never be called by an update of the soliddevice
> engine

Right now it's set to only index devices that are called through a listing
using a Solid Predicate.  That is if you want a StorageVolume device you
would query for "IS StorageVolume" then you'd request one of the devices in
the returned list.  I can change the engine to connect to any device if
that's too much of an inconveniance.