Lock/logout interactions

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Fri Mar 7 17:26:44 CET 2008

On Friday 07 March 2008, Dan Meltzer said:
> Because whats the difference between having one confirmation button
> and three?  It still requires an extra click.

The number of clicks to logout is one issue, and on this one I believe that
the principle of not carrying out destructive actions immediately by default
is worth +1 click.

The problem I'd like to focus on at the moment is that presenting the user
with a choice in the Kickoff menu and then repeating that choice in the
session management's confirmation dialog surprises the user.

Will