Review Request: ScriptEngine's as Containments

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Wed Mar 5 23:30:38 CET 2008

On Wednesday 05 March 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> a) Corona calls setIsContainment(true), and
> b) the object is used to group applets (e.g. things like setLocation, etc
> are called)
>
> then this probably works? though i'm not sure how exactly since
>
> of course, if X-KDE-ServiceTypes=Plasma/Containment then the first query
> will fail and the second will kick in.

right. In my testcase I only defined Plasma/Containment and since there is no
Plasma/Applet with such PluginName, the loadApplet does return the
Containment.

This seems to be so far the most easy/flexible solution since that way a
package is able to define if it's an applet or a containment :)

But looks as there is still some flaw somehow since to the new panel isn't a
real panel cause maimized appwindows are ignoring it. Well, probably
somewhere a switch or something related to the order things got setup.

> i see you have committed (huzzah!) so i'll play with this a bit and see
> what i come up with.. the compiler is usually more accurate than my eyes ;)

:-)