The stupid toolbox

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Mar 3 19:21:43 CET 2008

On Monday 03 March 2008, Michael Rudolph wrote:
> Instead of putting in much work to disable a feature that you perhaps
> don't understand, why not just ask someone who does understand it, how
> you can help to make it become more useful?

i'll pre-emptively answer that question:

a) don't expand when there's a spontaneous hover event that doesn't involve
mouse movement across the boundary (e.g. when simply closing a window)

b) complete semantic zooming

c) add other useful tools

d) realize that touch screens are going to be a much, much bigger part of our
future and that it would be nice to avoid context menus. couple that
realization with the fact that virtually none of us are using plasma on a
touchscreen in daily usage (afaik?) and so we would have no other way to
effectively test and use it

(point d also simply ignores the fact that context menus are not discoverable)