feature freeze == bugs die.

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Jun 30 15:07:04 CEST 2008

On Monday 30 June 2008 03:14:07 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> just got a ping from matt rogers regarding our bug killing spree in plasma
> over the last month.
>
> i just had a look at the stats[1] and while there were 298 newly reported
> bugs in the last month, we stayed on top of it by moving 324 of them to
> resolution. the defect report count dropped by 26 in that period, which is
> 15% of our current total open defect report count.
>
> the only component more bug-closing-crazy was konqueror, with 463 closed.
> but they have 2400 bugs, many years old and untriaged, and had a couple of
> bug hunt days dedicated to them.
>
> #3 goes to amarok, with 212 closures. again, amarok was the focus of a bug
> hunt day and has more (and older) bugs than we do.
>
> that we registered #2 there is a really great achievement.
>
> for wishlist triaging we also came in at #2 with 77 clousure behind
> kdevelop (151 closures).
>
> looking through the list of bug closers for the month, i see many of you on
> this list in the top 30. you know who you are (or should, at least =), and
> i tip my hat to you.
>
> thanks for helping make the 4.1 feature freeze a really useful time where
> so many outstanding issues in plasma, krunner and libplasma have been
> resolved.
>
> the dedication on bugs.kde.org as well as the commit list has been great.
> you're also a fun bunch of people to work with..
>
> so thanks, and *hugs*

I second this. As a user, I really like Plasma and its progress is awesome. I
see great opportunities to further enhance it in the future. Reading my commit
emails is almost like everyday-birthday. You wake up and have a look at the
new toys :) And it's indeed an awesome experience like working with you people
on the code. :-)

Great work everyone. Hugs!
--
sebas