Fwd: Folderview is great - Small idea for improvement

Christophe Olinger kde at binarylooks.com
Sun Jun 29 15:02:33 CEST 2008

Well, this seems to head a bit into a different direction than I initially
thought. Nevermind. My thoughts:

Aaron is mostly right, putting several folderviews into the SAME plasmoid (not
grouping) might make people go away from the activity idea. As far as I
understand it, Aaron has some surprises in his drawer about the acitivity
functionality. I actually do not use virtual desktops and probably will not
have enough big activities to use the new features, but I'm sure others will.

I still like my folderview-related idea (several titlebars one below (or next)
to the other which by clicking or hovering change the folders in the bottom
part, but can see that it is not a priority.

Grouping is also ok. This morning I tried having several picture frames in a
sort of collage on the desktop. Each one had a different slideshow. This was
really great. Unfortunately there is no way to chose the Z-axis order. I think
newest are on top right now. Probably somebody is already working on this.
Grouping is for me a bit too rigid. I like things to overlap (sometimes).

Small question: Do i have to set up a complete kde development environment to
hack on plasmoids? Or is there an easier way. A "plasmoid-builder" inside of
kdevelop?