Fwd: A help with JS (or maybe also Python) plasmoid

Richard Dale richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 11:42:25 CEST 2008

2008/6/24 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:

> On Tuesday 24 June 2008, Richard Dale wrote:
>
> Until we start trying things out, make mistakes and getting user feedback,
> > I regard talk about increasing the audience as just talk.
>
> i'm trying to try things out. instead i'm discussing yet again whether we
> should try the theory (ScriptApplet) or not. then again, Google didn't
> bother
> and has just Done It(tm) and are generally happy with it. go figure.
>
> how about we just try it and find out?

 Yes, I have written ScriptEngine based bindings as three plugins (in Ruby),
they are in kdebindings/ruby/plasma/src and lib/KDE/plasma.rb:

applet.rb          plasma.cpp
CMakeLists.txt     plasmahandlers.cpp
data_engine.rb     plasma-scriptengine-ruby-applet.desktop
lib                plasma-scriptengine-ruby-dataengine.desktop
package_ruboid.rb  plasma-scriptengine-ruby-package.desktop

The three plugins are 'applet.rb', 'data_engine.rb' and 'package_ruboid.rb'.
I will get them working ASAP, but I found at the weekend that unfortunately
something like the Ruby stack underflow crashes I was having is happening
with the current version of QtRuby.

-- Richard