Promoting the ways of the plasma

Michael Rudolph michael.rudolph at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 19:23:24 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

most of you will have observed the certain kind of strangeness that
enlaces our bugtracker at the moment. Not that communicating with users
is always trouble free, but right now it seems like the heat of the
summer is really getting to some of them.

I'm feeling a bit guilty about this trouble, since I volunteered to
write a vision statement for plamsa, that should help to catch exactly
this stupid kind of discussions, that arise from a lack of
understanding what plasma tries to achieve. (Some users seem to also
lack manners and an understanding of the open source culture, but
that's probably beyond the scope of "the ways of the plasma".)

You may know, that a first version of such a vision statement already
exists at:
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/TheWaysOfThePlasma

What I would like to ask of you today is, tell me what you would need,
additionally, corrected or just different in this document, so you
could start to point people to it, who seemingly don't understand what
plasma is about.

If you can help me make this a great document, it should help us to
absorb a huge amount of annoying bug reports.

Thanks,

michael