Plasmoid: How to create engine-based applet?

Henk te Sligte htesligte at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 20:22:03 CEST 2008

First of all, thank you very much! Changing sourceRequestEvent to
sourceRequested was the solution. Everything works as it should!

Second, I'm not surprised to find out I'm mixing versions, because I
looked about everywhere on the internet, trying to solve this thing.
Mixing up those things was supposed to happen, I guess.

And third, I'm not really sure which version of libplasma I am using,
rpm -q libplasma gave me as result that libplasma wasn't installed.
But, according to 'locate libplasma', libplasma is installed, but
probably not via rpm. I am using OpenSUSE 11, and libplasma is shipped
with kdebase4-workspace, version 4.0.4-24.2. I bet it's an old
version, because the KDE4 development is very alive.

Anyway, thank you for the assistance, now I can take my pretty basic
applet to some next levels!

Henk te Sligte