Plasmoid: How to create engine-based applet?

Henk te Sligte htesligte at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 19:32:49 CEST 2008

Hi guys,

According to http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma,
this is the place where I could find help with my little problem.
Since I got no response on IRC, I hope someone here can help me out.

I have created a simple engine-based applet, based on the source from
ktimetrackerapplet.cpp (found in svn). I can connect to the engine,
and, according to the engine from ktimetrackerapplet, I should have a
function called 'sourceRequestEvent' in the engine class. However,
this function is never called. I hope anyone can help me out.
My applet source can be found here: http://pastebin.com/f5312340b (I
highlighted the lines which I suspect to be the cause), the engine
source here: http://pastebin.com/f53e650d0
The ktimetrackerapplet (in svn) is a bit old, 5 months, so I guess in
the meantime the syntax changed or something, but I couldn't find out
what I need to change.

Thanks in advance!
Henk te Sligte