Painting weirdness

Henry de Valence hdevalence at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 04:35:51 CEST 2008

I'm having some weirdness painting with plasma and I think it's
something I'm doing wrong but I can't find the error.

Anyways, the attachment is a screenshot that shows the problem. The
size and position of the text is calculated from the height and
width of a copy of contentsRect and the map is sized from the same
copy. The map is painted by a Marble::GeoPainter onto a pixmap the
same size as the QRect and then the pixmap is painted onto the
plasmoid.

For some reason the map and the text are being sized differently
even though they are being calculated from the same qrect, and then
they're also crooked with the frame.

What are possible reasons why this could be happening?

Henry de Valence