Rotating applets

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Mon Jun 16 15:22:20 CEST 2008

Hello,
currently, because of proxy widgets and int-precision, rotating widgets often
leads to bad glitches. Moreover, I don't think it's an useful feature for
most of the applets... what is the point of rotating applets like twitter?
I agree that it might be useful e.g. on devices with gyros, but then all the
desktop would need to rotate, and not individual plasmoids only.
Therefore I'd like to propose to make the rotation optional, with the last
word given by the plasmoid author (let's make it a flag, like with the
background), and off by default.

What do you think? Can you suggest any good API?

Bye,
-Riccardo
--
GPG key: