'Leave message' option for krunner_lock

Sebastian Kuegler sebas at kde.org
Fri Jun 13 10:31:26 CEST 2008

On Friday 13 June 2008 10:10:14 Robert Zwerus wrote:
> On Thursday 12 June 2008, Sebastian Kuegler wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 June 2008 22:16:05 Robert Zwerus wrote:
> > > I've been busy porting the KDE3-patch below to KDE4:
> > > http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Leave+Message+clone+from+gnome
> > >-2 .2 0?content=66631
> > >
> > > The KDE4-version doesn't depend on libnotify, but uses KNotify for the
> > > notifications. I couldn't figure out yet how to keep them persistent
> > > (as opposed to automatically disappearing after a while), so that's a
> > > FIXME.
> > >
> > > Also, the clipboard shouldn't be accessible when entering a message,
> > > for which I requested a QTextEdit::disableClipboard() method:
> > > http://trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?id=215407&method
> > >=e nt ry

This one is a good point. Hopefully the trolls add it for us (the notes applet
in Chani's world would require it).

> > > Does anybody have comments? If not, can I commit it and work on the
> > > FIXME's later?
> >
> > Chani is working on something similar (but more powerful ;-)) as her GSoC
> > project. She has blogged about it at
> > http://chani.wordpress.com/2008/04/29/plasma-and-the-screensaver/
>
> Ooh, sounds nice! I didn't know about it, but it really looks promising.
> My version could be included in the mean time, and be deprecated when her
> work is complete. What do you think?

Not as long as we're feature-frozen anyway. I'll leave the decision to those
understanding the code though. Not sure how useful it is to put something in
that will be replaced during the same release cycle anyway.

> PS: lul! ;-)

*g*
--
sebas