A help with JS (or maybe also Python) plasmoid

Janz email.ajj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 05:47:45 CEST 2008

Hi, plasma guys!

First, as this is my first contact with you, I can't avoid thanking and
congratulating you for the excellent work. Because of KDE, I'm able to have
an awesome desktop environment (for me, the best I could have) on a great
system (I use Kubuntu since near its start) plus, not enough that, the sense
of freedom of being legal on *really* owning it (being able to do what I
want with it, unlike with - illegal - copies of proprietary software I see
around a lot), one issue that always bothered me before (and still does when
I find it elsewhere). And KDE4 is bringing freshness to the desktops and
you, plasma guys, are major responsible for that. KDE is getting so much
greater than it already was! Thank you!

Well, I've been trying to start a Javascript or Python plasmoid but I'm
having some trouble to begin. I browsed Techbase insanely (every single
Plasma related page), searched the web, KDE blogs around, tried out
Plasmagik from svn playground (to see if it could automate something or give
any hint) and couldn't find about how to get started with a non-C++
plasmoid. I saw a few examples (tiger JS plasmoid and all of those in
script/ on svn playground) but I can't install them under KDE 4.1 beta
Kubuntu package (mostly, CMAKE complaints about CMakeLists not having
cmake_minimum_required or other problems - I don't know if it's about that
compatibility break between 4.0 and 4.1 but, however, it may not be
essential for my need at all).

So, anyway, what I really need to know is: what do I need to get a 4.1
compliant (packaging and stuff else) working JS plasmoid (let's say Tiger,
to get a small one - and do we have examples of 4.1 compliant JS plasmoids)?
Also, do any of you know about the same for a Python one?

Thank you a lot, in advance, for the patience and attention,
--
"Eu sou a ressurreição e a vida. Quem crê em mim, ainda que morra, viverá; e