xrandr

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 08:56:33 CEST 2008

2008/6/8 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:

> so ... you made it a certain size on the resolution because that was the size
> you wanted it on that resolution, and when you switch back you no longer want
> it that size? doubtful. you probably want it the same size you had it last
> time.
>
> this sounds like trying to justify and easy solution ;)
uhm, perhaps, but restoring settings that maybe i don't see since
months seems quite strange,
i guess it will have to be tested for quite a while to see how it
feels, because for now i still have no idea:)

>> on a side note, now changing the location of the panel is totally borked
>
> it works here. define "borked"
>
> (please explain how things are broken when stating something is; it's an
> annoying habit of people to just say "it's broken" =)

yeah :) i assumed the problem was easy to trigger, it turns out it's
something on my system, strange
when i drag a panel from horizontal to a vertical formfactor it
behaves as usual, but when i drag it again at the bottom the panel
becames a little square, with his width equal to its height

> i'm seeing a crash in the battery applet when moving it vertically due to an
> assert, but that's a bug in battery which i've fixed now.
>
>> (two days ago it worked) the only thing that would have caused that what
>> could be, the pinchcontainment moving?
>
> pinchContainment keeps it within the size of the screen side it is on. i can't
> see how that would create any real problems that weren't already there. it may
> have exposed some issues, but i highly doubt it's created new ones =)
me neither, but's it's the only change arout here done in the last
days, the problem seems
to be present both with or without my patch, very strange, or maybe
your last change fixed it again =)
this afternoon will test again

Cheers,
Marco Martin