Patch to fix "Center" for large desktop backgrounds

Level 1 premiersullivan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 21:51:07 CEST 2008

For desktop backgrounds bigger than the user's screen resolution,
the image is cropped.  My patch fixes it but scaling the image when
necessary without distorting it.  Does this violate the 4.1 freeze?  If
so, I'll sit on it till July.

I also have code that gives a smooth, fading desktop transition but it
uses a lot of cpu so either I did it the wrong way or its just not
possible with platform we're working on (since desktops are not
opengl rendered.)