[BUG] widgets/label.cpp

Gilles CHAUVIN gcnweb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 17:04:27 CEST 2008

Hi !

While playing a bit with Plasma and trying to create my first applet,
I discovered a bug with the setImage() method of the Plasma's Label
widget.

The buggy code is (somewhere in the setImage() method):

    bool absolutePath = !path.isEmpty() &&
                        #ifdef Q_WS_WIN
                            !QDir::isRelativePath(path)
                        #else
                            path[0] == '/'
                        #endif
        ;

While I don't know/understand why there is a #ifdef here, this code
prevent the Qt resource system to work properly because absolute paths
begin with ":/" in that case.

I replaced path[0] == '/' by path.left(2) == ":/" as a quick and dirty
workaround to test and, of course, it worked after that.

Was this made on purpose to prevent programmers to use resources files
(and why ?) or is this just a bug ? :)

Regards,
Gilles.