Summary of Re: Spring Plasma Meeting

Sebastian Kuegler sebas at kde.org
Mon Jan 28 22:50:06 CET 2008

On Monday 28 January 2008 17:30:22 Chani wrote:
> > > To create a budget for this, I'd need estimated travel costs from
> > > Alexis, Annma, Chani, Ivan and Richard. Then I can try to sort out the
> > > financials involved.
> >
> > I found a flight Toulouse - Milan  (Friday arrival Malpensa at 7:20pm and
>
> milan... it appears there are two airports in milan, italy: LIN and MXP.
> which do I want?

MXP (Malpensa) is the International airport, at 50 km northwest of Milan, LIN
(Linate) is at 7km east of Milan, mostly for domestic and European flights.

You want Malpensa, Canada doesn't count as domestic in our fine metric system.
(Wade would say "If it's more than 2000 bathtubs full of rope away, pick
MXP.")

> according to expedia.ca, the cheapest price is $1147 canadian, for an
> awful-sounding series of flights that goes through minneapolis and
> amsterdam and lasts 18 hours...
>
> a more reasonable flight, 12 hours and only going through london, starts at
> C$1380 :) google says that's 931.65 euros.
>
> odd, I'm used to having to switch planes in toronto.

If it helps getting you there only slightly wasted (as opposed to totally
wasted), I'd opt for the shorter flight.

OTOH, if you prefer to fly through Amsterdam, we could be one the same plane
(for like 1.5 hours, no less.)
--
sebas