Bad performance of QPainter::drawText

Percy Leonhardt mailings at eris23.de
Wed Jan 23 17:12:09 CET 2008

Hi all,

using the network plasmoid (from playground) in desktop mode I am experiencing
a high CPU load (using it on the panel everything is fine). Depending on the
level of details this goes from 15% to 25% caused by X (not Plasma). I found
out that the increased load is caused by QPainter::drawText and found several
hints on the net that say something similar.

I am using Qt 4.3.1 (Mandriva binary) and NVIDIA driver 169.07, KDE is from
SVN. Anybody else experiencing this (I have no other machine to check) and is
there something I can do about?

Thanks and bye,

	Percy