RFC: scripting support changes

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at dnainternet.net
Wed Jan 23 09:26:57 CET 2008

On Wednesday 23 January 2008 02:28:25 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> it builds and should in theory work ;) but before i go further i'd like
> comments and an early peer review as the patch is already a bit large.

This looks like components is not going anywhere?
         if (engine) {
-            break;
+            QString components = service->property("X-Plasma-ComponentTypes",
QVariant::String).toString();
+            return engine;
         }

Should ScriptEngine be able to cancel support for some language in runtime?
e.g. Kross python library might not be installed so ScriptEngine could
say 'oops I don't have python support'. Something like:
   if (engine && engine->isValid()) {
so next offer could be tried.

Language does not go to the ScriptEngine. Some ScriptEngines could support
more than one language and need to know it.

Petri