Removal of Plasma::Dialog::position()

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jan 22 17:55:17 CET 2008

On Tuesday 22 January 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 January 2008, Marco Martin wrote:
> > and would still the api be different? widget needs the dialog size and
> > dialog the widget size
>
> Plasma::Dialog does not use Plasma::Widget internally. this may change for
> 4.1, but even then that will not be guaranteed.

ok, reading this when it arrived made me realize that this was *really*
cryptic =)

there's an assumption in Dialog::postion right now that the widget we get is a
QGraphicsView because it's associated with an applet somewhere. i'm not
really sure how valid an assumption that is.

there's really nothing, for instance, preventing krunner from using this
dialog, and that may actually end up making sense due to the theming (not to
mention that the end goal is to turn this into the Extender with some more
loving)

so Dialog::position actually needs to move away from the assumption that it is
getting a QGV as the widget; basically we need two code paths here: one for
when we have a QGV and one where we don't.