[RFC] GMail notifier dataengine/plasmoid

Stefano Rivoir s.rivoir at gts.it
Mon Jan 21 08:58:18 CET 2008

Hi all.

I'm writing a little dataengine/plasmoid couple to have a GMail new mail
notifier. Pretty trivial after all, but I have a problem with fetching
data through HTML requests.

The fact is that I must retreive the XML source from a page, which is
the result of several (3?) redirections (gmail.com uses the 'refresh'
meta in HTML). These redirection must of course be followed within the
same browsing session.

I've been trying KIO::multi_get, but it doesn't follow redirection, as
it stops at the original page.

I can easily do it with cURL lib, but I suppose it's not very nice to
have such a dependency and I bet that it can be possible with other KDE
methods.

Any hint?

--
Stefano RIVOIR