Spring Plasma Meeting

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jan 21 08:11:32 CET 2008

On Sunday 20 January 2008, Chani wrote:
> > > Most probably, the KDE e.V.
> > > will be able to help out financially for travel and lodging costs.
> >
> > for those of you who were wondering about cost, read the above sentence
> > again =)
>
> well, yeah, but how much help?

standard is 80%, though in various cases we do more. e.g. people coming from
countries where the economy isn't great or full time students on a small
pension, etc...

> plus I feel bad about taking other people's money...

well, not to make people feel TOOOO free about it, but this money is there for
the purpose of furthering kde. it's not like you're taking *my* money or
*sebas*'s money. it's money we have that is specifically there to ensure we
do these things. in fact, developer sprints are one of the things we pitch to
those who give us this money.