Spring Plasma Meeting

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Mon Jan 21 08:03:33 CET 2008

2008/1/21 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:

> On Sunday 20 January 2008, Sebastian Kuegler wrote:>
> > The location we have in mind would be Milano in northern Italy. We can,
>
> excellent =)
>
> i encourage anyone who has been plonking on libplasma, plasma-the-binary,
> krunner or the applets currently in kdebase or extragear to please
> seriously
> consider attending.

I'd add playground contributors with a significant amount of contributions
made.

> > most probably hold the meeting at Ruphy's place, there's an attic with
> > enough space and wire(d|less) connectivity for 15 persons. A
> > not-too-expensive hotel is at 50m, various food places are
> well-reachable
>
> a hotel? when we're at ruphy's? bah. ;)

Not that is a problem for me, but I won't be able to make more than 5-6
people sleep,
and we probably need to have more of them around to make the meeting a
success. ;-)

In any case, if for someone it's of a whatever problem sleeping in an hotel,
I can easily
host someone.

> > The meeting could take place around Easter.
>
> for those of us who aren't religiously or calendarically (?) connected,
> that
> would be (this year at least) March 23rd, unless you're orthodox in which
> case it would be April 27. i assume they mean March 23rd; this would give
> us
> approximately two months after that meeting to work on stuff before
> feature
> freeze is likely to kick in.

Exact, we're talking about the 23rd.

> > Most probably, the KDE e.V.
> > will be able to help out financially for travel and lodging costs.
>
> for those of you who were wondering about cost, read the above sentence
> again
> =)

Sebas is actually ventilating the idea of just covering everyone's travel
and hotel
expenses, but anyways IIRC the hotel room costs around 40 and 50 EUR per
night per person. That in a triple room. Can't check right now because I'm
still
"stuck" ( ;-) ) in Mountain View, but I can remember that it's a rather
reasonable
if not cheap price.

Bye,
-Riccardo