handling dialogs

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jan 12 09:44:01 CET 2008

On 11.01.08 22:26:12, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi all..
>
> random brain dump follows as i mull over an annoying problem:
>
> right now we have a general purpose problem: a dialog in plasma that is
> already visible, when called again but while on another desktop, needs to
> have KWindowSystem::setOnDesktop and KWindowSystem::activateWindow called on
> it to make sure that it actually pops.
>
> i considered extending Plasma::Dialog and implementing a showEvent handler as
> well as making the SVG panel drawing optional ... but this doesn't cover
> cases where people make the full dialog in designer (well, they shoudl only
> be making QWidgets and putting them in KDialogs, but still)

I don't see how people can create a real "kdialog" inside qt designer.
Its on a standard install not available as template. So all they could
do is to create a QDialog, but that won't work as you can't use KDialog
as the "parent" for all the widgets, you have to use KDialogs mainWidget
(or set one yourself).

And last time I tried my special KDialog/KMainWindow templates it didn't
work out well either, as designer is unaware that there's special
treatment for KDialog needed...

Andreas

--
You will meet an important person who will help you advance professionally.