Toolbox Brainstorming

Craig Duquette cduquette at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 14:41:21 CET 2008

On Saturday 05 January 2008 16:05:03 Alex Merry wrote:
> On Saturday 05 January 2008, Craig Duquette wrote:
> > Yea I liked the fade to nothing patch. The only problem I had was
> > there was no animation when the toolbox expanded because the
> > expanded part was invisible. Not sure if it's possible to have it
> > fade to nothing unexpanded, then when expanded we'd expand
the
> > gradient so it'd still be fade to nothing, but expanded so the user
> > gets a sense hoving does something. The current toolbox design
fades
> > to nothing on the expanded form, which gives the user a sense
of
> > movement on mouseover, while being somewhat visually
appealing.

> The patch I just posted does exactly that.
>
> Alex

Cool! :D
Attached is a patch to use plasma's theme colors for the toolbox,
what do you think?

@Aaron can I get a bigger hint on how to antialias the unexpanded
toolbox? I see you mentioned the use of setClipping and clip more of
the toolbox, but I'm not sure how that function works as it takes in a
QScriptContext and a QScriptEngine (?).

~Craig