Resizing/rotating applets

Jason Stubbs jasonbstubbs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 04:45:17 CET 2008

On Sunday 06 January 2008 06:08:51 JST, Alex Merry wrote:
> A few people commented on my blog that the resize/rotate interface
> wasn't really intuitive.  I agree - expecially the fact that you use
> the "rotate" icon to resize the applet.
>
> Attached is a patch that adds a "resize" button.  Rotate now just
> rotates, and resize does free resizing unless you hold CTRL, in which
> case aspect ratio is maintained.
>
> We might want to either change that key to ALT (or allow both) to be
> consistent with KOffice.

When the resize button is close to the center vertically, resizing just a
single pixel dramatically increases the height. Moving the resize button to
the top-left would be a quick workaround, but perhaps resizing should be
calculated based on the distance rather than on ratios? That is, moving the
mouse one pixel away from the initial click would increase by 2 pixels (one
on the top and one on the bottom) so that the position of the button becomes
irrelevant...

--
Jason Stubbs