Toolbox Brainstorming

Jason Stubbs jasonbstubbs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 02:04:26 CET 2008

On Sunday 06 January 2008 05:10:35 JST, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> On Saturday 05 January 2008 20:18:25 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Saturday 05 January 2008, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> > > * Make the animations faster, they're way too slow now, and make the
> >
> > you could also patch the default animator to make moves 200ms (or even
> > 150?)
>
> Yeah, but I don't think this is the right solution. While animators should
> control the visual effects and the fps, they should not control the
> duration of the animation, that should be decided by the user (user as in
> developer).
>
> After all, not all moves/effects are the same, some may need a 500ms, while
> for some others a value of 50ms is much more appropriate.

Already replied (a little hastily?) via -commits@ at, but I'll respond here
too. While I whole-heartedly agree with your statements here, I think that
Phase::moveItem() should be changed to match whatever you're passing to
customAnimation() because the toolbox is the only one using it.

--
Jason Stubbs