[Panel-devel] data engine config

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jan 2 00:46:44 CET 2008

On Tuesday 01 January 2008, Shawn Starr wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 January 2008 4:39:50 am Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> > Hmmm.... what would happen in the above code if someone hibernated their
> > laptop over the weekend? Not that I'm totally sure, but I don't think we
> > can assume that a tic will not cross multiple days.
>
> Your not the only one to notice issues with hibernation. There's nothing I
> can see to force a plasmoid/applet to sync once a laptop/desktop has
> resumed from hibernation. So depending on the applet, you might be waiting
> X minuted for the thing to update.

we will need to listen specifically for hibernation type wake ups and then
kick all the engines in the head; really it's a problem with the timers not
firing and the timeouts note being reset due to the time pause.

but i don't think that Solid provides such a signal yet, and i'd prefer to
wait until it does to implement this.