KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/kickoff/ui

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Feb 28 16:02:13 CET 2008

On Thursday 28 February 2008, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Thursday 28 February 2008 10:35:26 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > if you really, really dislike rect-behind-text-only then i encourage you
> > to really, really come up with a solution, not something that satisfies
> > you enough to ignore how stupidly *bad* it ends up looking.
>
> Btw I just restored the initial implementation

which irrelevant. the "initial" implementation was equally crappy then as it
is now. there were lots of things in the initial implementation that were
pure crap. there are things that remain that are pure crap.

> which you some time ago changed (was there any discussion then?)

yes.

> to what seems you as single one
> think is best but is actually worse than the maybe not 100% perfect
> previous state.

i'm sorry, but i've stated very clearly why the "maybe not 100% perfect
previous state" (as you put it) is unnacceptable. all i'm asking is that you
and people like you stop trying to push a change that is equally problematic
in some ways, worse in others and better in exactly one trivial manner. if
you want full width selection, do it properly or don't bother.

honestly, this feels like arguing fashion sense with someone who thinks
wearing checkered pants with a plaid top works.